How Your Gifts Are Used
Your gift will be carefully used to support Gompers’ mission, such as:
- To assess our students and members to determine the need for assistive technology (AT) to improve their independence, then assist in training them how to use it
- Through community outreach, educate parents, caregivers and the professional community serving individuals with disabilities how to advocate for necessary AT resources
- To provide technology and educational tools to advance the education of students in our special education school, GPS
- To teach and reinforce life skills and community integration for adults in our Day Training program
- To provide employment training and job search resources for adults in our Employment Services program
- All donor-designated gifts always are used exactly as the donor has directed
- Any undesignated annual gifts assist in funding our assistive technology program to increase independence for the individuals we serve (cash, IRA rollover, stock, etc.). Gompers Assistive Technology program is funded 100% through community philanthropy.
- Donor-designated Endowment gifts are placed in the Gompers Endowment Fund held at the Arizona Community Foundation, where the principal remains secure to fund Gompers’ programs for many years into the future
Arizona Charitable Tax Credit
Your gift to Gompers may qualify for the Arizona Tax Credit!
How to receive your tax credit*:
- Donate up to $800 (up to $400 if filing singly) to Gompers.
- Fill out AZ Form 321. You can get this form from your tax preparer or from the State of Arizona.
- File AZ Form 321 with your 2016 taxes or give your form to your tax preparer for filing.
- Receive a credit on your taxes for the full amount of your donation up to $800 (or $400 if filing singly).
Don’t let your tax credit go to waste. Please help Gompers continue to develop innovative opportunities for people with disabilities by making your gift today! For more information on the AZ Charitable Giving Tax Credit visit AZDOR.gov