Gompers Careers – Join our team and make a difference
Gompers believes that hiring dedicated, caring staff is essential to achieving our mission of developing innovative opportunities for people with disabilities. We also believe it is important to help our staff realize their greatest strengths and advance their careers. Within the first 90 days of employment, Gompers will provide 40 hours of training courses, ranging from CPR and First Aid to Article 9 (the rights of people with developmental disabilities). Working at Gompers is more than a career choice. It is a chance to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. Impact our world in a powerful way – join Gompers’ team today.
Phoenix Campus – 6601 North 27th Avenue, Phoenix 85017
- Gompers Day Training for Adults Direct Support Professionals: M – F / 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Gompers Transportation Drivers: M – F / 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. AND 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. depending on your route. You must be able to work both the morning and afternoon shifts.
- Gompers Private School (GPS) Full-time Paraprofessionals: M – F / 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Glendale Campus – 5340 W. Bethany Home Rd., Glendale 85301
- Gompers Employment Support Professionals: M – F (business hours as assigned)
All full-time and part-time positions require you to work Monday through Friday for the full shift times listed.
You must meet the minimum requirements below for employment at Gompers.
- I am 21 years old or older.
- I can provide proof of citizenship or immigration status. We use E-Verify.
- I can pass a pre-employment drug screening and random drug tests.
- I have or will be able to obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- I will be able to pass a criminal background check.
- I have a valid Arizona Driver’s License with a 39-month clean driving record and I am willing to drive a passenger van.
- I have a High School Diploma or G.E.D certificate. Some positions may have additional educational or certification requirements.
- I am willing to work in a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free workplace.
- I am physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- I am interested in working with individuals with disabilities in a caring, helpful and safe manner.
- I enjoy working in a team environment.
- I enjoy learning and working with technology.