Transportation is one of the biggest issues for those with disabilities. Some have conditions that limit their mobility. Some lack the skills to navigate public transportation or to drive a vehicle on their own.
Gompers’ safe, reliable transportation options serve both ambulatory and non-ambulatory passengers, transporting them between home and our facilities, and we also provide transportation to and from field trips, outings, and volunteer sites. We utilize an on-board GPS tracking system that informs us where each member is in terms of transit, streamlining schedules, and communications.
Occasionally, we also partner with a number of nonprofits across the Valley that serve seniors and individuals with disabilities when the need arises for emergency or arranged transportation methods.
Safe, reliable transportation for ambulatory and non-ambulatory passengers
- Between your home and our campuses for adult members
- To field trips for our students and to DTA outings and volunteer sites for our adults
- To job sites for members in the Group Supported Employment program
- Ability of an on-board GPS tracking system to inform you where your loved one is in transit
- Other nonprofits serving seniors and individuals with disabilities may partner with Gompers for emergency or arranged transportation.