We love to utilize volunteers throughout our organization!
Gompers volunteers can serve in many areas within Gompers on an on-going, scheduled basis. We appreciate the opportunity to match your skill set with our needs, so please review the qualifications below so that we can find the perfect volunteer opportunities for you.
- be 18+ years of age
- submit the volunteer application and agreement
- agree to a background check and fingerprint clearance
- agree to attend required orientation and training. You will be able to schedule any required training with us, free of cost.
- If volunteering in person, you would need to be available to serve on Weekdays 8am-3pm.
Open Volunteer Positions
- Spring Fling: Each year, Gompers hosts its annual Spring Fling event for members. This one-day festival is a great chance to be a part of the excitement of Gompers’ culture and members!
- Thanksgiving Luncheon: Easily the most exciting event Gompers hosts for members, this is a fun-filled day with mascots from all sports teams in the Valley, clowns, dancing and a full Thanksgiving Lunch!
- Invite Gompers to your Organization: Helping people with disabilities learn more about the community by interacting with people in organizations, corporations and service clubs is very valuable in practicing life skills and appropriate behaviors. People with disabilities are just like everyone else. They enjoy making friends and learning new things. If you have a desire to make a difference, invite our students and members to come to your location. We have a full fleet of accessible vans and certified drivers to bring them to your site.
- Host an event: Gompers deeply appreciates community volunteers willing to host an event to benefit our programs and services. If you run a poker tournament, golf tournament, gala, carnival, luncheon, book signing, or any other type of fundraising event, consider Gompers as the beneficiary. We are glad to provide materials on our programs and when appropriate, staff or members to attend and meet your guests.