Gompers Reopening Plan
Thanks to Governor Ducey’s recent press conference, private schools and districts have been given the right to manage our reopening plan start date. With that, we are excited to announce that Gompers Private School is set for in-person instruction is set for August 17th.
In the meantime, we are excited to open our school virtually with a remote start to the school year beginning on August 3rd. Online education using Google Classroom and our Readtopia curriculum will be the primary form of instruction.
Throughout this challenging time, we have been engaged in setting the right procedures to reopen in person. Even when we reopen, things will look different. While this plan is continuing to evolve, some very clear steps are coming into focus:
- Employment Services had a successful limited reopening and we are slowly adding new members, whom we will be contacting when it is safe to do so.
- Gompers Private School is offering in-person and virtual instruction for the students we support.
- DTA had a phased reopening Sept. 14 at our campuses in Phoenix and Peoria. We will be contacting members about a phase II when it is safe to do so.
We thank you all for your patience as we have navigated these challenges for reopening. We are excited to see your smiling facing again soon. For more information, please contact our program directors:
- Kristi Grisham, DTA Director Phoenix email@example.com 602.336.0061 ex. 104
- Cheril Edson, DTA Director Peoria firstname.lastname@example.org 602.3360061 ex. 305
- Mark Botterbusch, ES Director email@example.com 602.336.0061 ex. 224
- Travis Harris, Special Education Director firstname.lastname@example.org 602.336.0061 ex. 115
- Juan Angulo, In Home Services Director email@example.com 602.336.0061 ex. 310
- Wendy DeLeon, Transportation Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 602.336.0061 ex. 149